The Hopkins Historical Society Museum is open from Labor Day through Memorial Day! You are welcome to visit us from September through May on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am to 12 noon. To visit the museum at any other time, including during the summer months, please call 952-548-6480 for an appointment.
Buy Your Hopkins Through the Years Books Here
It has come to the attention of the historical society that its published history book on our town, Hopkins Through the Years, has appeared on Internet sites like Amazon.com for highly inflated prices. We found one book advertised as ‘new’ with an asking price of $98.11! Used books with lower prices have also been advertised, but even at the lowest price plus shipping, one would be better off buying the same book new from HHS. The cost of Hopkins Through the Years – NEW – is still just $20.00 and $5 shipping/handling when you buy from us. Save yourself some money and support our society by buying your Hopkins history books direct from the source.
Just love your old Hopkins-area house? Apply for local historic status! It’s easy. Click here for a printable application, stop by the Hopkins Historical Society, or call 952-548-6480 and we will assist you. Awards are given each October.
- Home and Farm Hundreds of fascinating clothing and household items, tools and equipment provide a glimpse of life in Hopkins from the early 1900s to mid-twentieth century.
- Architectural Remnants Many pieces in the museum reflect the varied and interesting architectural past of Hopkins. The centerpiece of the collection is the beautiful stained glass window from the stately former landmark Dow House.
- Raspberry Festival Memorabilia Nothing says Hopkins quite like its annual Raspberry Festival. The museum’s displays showcase the festival’s many fun events and make you feel like you’re there.
Fees for Research Services
Fees may be assessed for some research services performed at the Hopkins Historical Society based on an individual basis. For most members’ requests, these fees are small or do not apply.
The following sponsors have contributed generously to the Hopkins Historical Society and have made this web site possible:
- City of Hopkins, Minnesota — General operating and technical support
- NexGen Associates — Technology consulting and implementation
The Hopkins Historical Society welcomes the support of donors and members. Please click here for more on the benefits of society membership.