Welcome to the Hopkins Historical Society website! We are happy you found us and invite you to browse the many facets of our website. We also invite you to visit the museum to view our thousands of historical records, pictures and exhibits pertaining to the families, businesses and historical culture of our city.
NEW! Museum Hours
We’ve been listening to our visitors! Beginning May 20th, 2015 we’re adding new open hours every Wednesday from 4-7pm. The museum is also open Tuesday and Thursday from 9am-12pm, or by appointment. To make an appointment, please call 952-548-6480. The Hopkins Historical Society Museum is open year round except for holidays. Come visit us!
Become a Member
You can be a member of the Hopkins Historical Society and support our efforts to preserve local Hopkins history. Check the Membership page for more details.
Buy a copy of “Hopkins Through the Years”
Support your local historical society by buying your Hopkins history books direct from the source! New books are still available for the base price of $20 (plus shipping and handling). Please see our ordering instructions here.
Do you love your old Hopkins-area house? Apply for local historic status! It’s easy. Click here for a printable application, stop by the Hopkins Historical Society, or call 952-548-6480 and we will assist you. Awards are given each October.
- Hennepin County Review newspapers from the mid 1920′s through the 1970s.
- Over 450 documented family histories.
- An extensive collection of Hopkins School history including yearbooks dating from the 1930s. We also have many yearbooks from Blake School.
- A collection of military memorabilia – both in our library and as artifacts including WWII Hopkins muster roll with pictures, the ‘Bulldozer’ newsletter sent to Hopkins boys in WWII service and a book on Minneapolis Moline workers who served in the war.
- Minneapolis Threshing Machine and Minneapolis Moline History.
- A comprehensive collection of Czech history.
- Annual Raspberry Festival history filed by year starting with 1935.
Hopkins is fortunate to have persons who have had a unique impact on this community and in many instances beyond on the area, state, and nation. Click to to view Hopkins Notables…
Fees for Research Services
Fees may be assessed for some research services performed at the Hopkins Historical Society based on an individual basis. For most members’ requests, these fees are small or do not apply.
The following sponsors have contributed generously to the Hopkins Historical Society and have made this web site possible:
- City of Hopkins, Minnesota — General operating and technical support
- NexGen Associates — Technology consulting and implementation
The Hopkins Historical Society welcomes the support of donors and members. Please click here for more on the benefits of society membership.